Our garden isn’t big, but it’s already full of things. Over at the PPK forums there was a thread about what people were growing in the garden this year and it got me thinking about what exactly we have in our garden. Here’s what I posted over there. You can check out my gardening set on flickr here.
- Tomatoes – 6 different kinds (yellow, a small bush tomato, a type called ailsa craig, a black tomato, cocktail tomatoes and an unnamed ‘normal’ type)
- Pumpkin – Mars and Crown Prince
- Yellow courgette
- Peas – marrow fat and normal
- French beans
- Runner beans, 2 types
- Sugar snap peas
- Swiss chard, rainbow colours
- Carrots, mixed colours
- Cucumbers – growing up a trellis
- Lettuce (3 types + asian mixed lettuces)
- Potatoes – planted in a container, probably just enough for one meal or two
- Eggplant – one plant
- Rhubarb – 3 plants
- Raspberries – one cane
- Strawberries – huge ones called maxim and no-name ones
- Wild strawberries
- Physalis – one plant
- mint – apple mint, morrocan tea mint, pepper mint and normal mint
- basil – thai, purple and normal green
- spring onions
- thyme – normal and lemon thyme
- sage – normal and pineapple
- lemon verbena
and the most awesomest thing ever, a cherry tree!
We’re also growing flowers, like poppies and a mix of summer flowers from seed (for cutting and putting in vases). I have a small maple tree in a pot that I dug up from outside. It’s only about a foot tall.
and I think that’s it.
It’s our very first garden and it’s amazing so far. Some things have died on us, like the chilli pepper and the bell peppers. No luck there, I might buy a few plants of those. We’re growing a lot of stuff in containers and pallets (making raised beds). We have many big pots and a small greenhouse.
I’m loving it and I’m already looking forward to moving to a house in the future.