I mentioned that we’re moving soon in my previous post. Of course, this means we won’t have much money, or time. Because of this I decided that this year we’re making home made, cheap gifts for all my friends and family. I can’t tell you exactly what I’m going to make because my friends read this blog, but seeing how I’m a foodie it’ll probably go that direction.
There are so many talented people out there, making gorgeous things. I thought I’d put together a short list of nice and simple things you can make as gifts and give away.
I love xmas and gift giving. I can’t wait to get started!
- Anni and Heikki at Tofu for Two made a type of cookie mix last year
- .. and the latest number of Elle Mat och Vin had a suggestion for a cookie mix that you just mix with melted margarine and golden syrup packaged in a lovely jar.
- Make a box of truffles! Maybe these? My favourite is chocolate and orange, like these. (I use soycreamer or coconut milk/cream) Or raspberry (these are extra fancy).
- Make some nice crisp bread and give away. These recipes with sunflower seeds or caraway that I found over at Anne’s Food might be nice. Use half a sachet of dry yeast instead of fresh if you can’t find it.
- A jar of marmalade is never wrong. And seeing how Christmas season is also citrus season you should definitely use your favourite citrus marmalade recipe and make a bunch of jars.
- .. or you could make cheezy crackers and give away. Make a triple batch because it’s very likely you’ll eat a lot of them. Celine at Have Cake Will Travel made these!
- Not food related, but easy and awesome are these tissue holders. Make a bunch!
- Or make your own pretty hairsticks to give away to those long haired ladies (and guys!).
- You could make these cute little accordion books and fill them with poetry, or recipes, or leave them blank.
- Or if you’re a baker, make a loaf of nice sourdough bread, wrap it in a tea towel and tie a nice ribbon around it.
What are some of your suggestions? Give me links, or just a nice comment.